Gael Newton AM
Gael is a Curatorial Consultant/Researcher across several fields of interest, including photography, arts and the humanities.
Approved to value Australian and international photography for the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program.
For more about Gael - click here.
to contact Gael click here.
Paul Costigan is an independent writer, commentator, researcher and consultant on many things visual arts, photography, urban design, development and planning, and a host of related climate change issues. I also have an interest in and experience on arts and not for profit boards and administration.
Prime interests: Photography, Arts, Culture and Urban Issues.
Action on climate change starts within our urban environments and this should start in our backyards.
Employment and related background:
- Between 2014 and 2023, I wrote regular opinion pieces on urban, political and cultural matters for local newspapers and news magazines in Canberra.
- 13 years as the CEO for the Australia Institute of Landscape Architects
- National Director for Museums Australia
- Executive Officer for an Arts and Recreation Industry Advisory Body (involved lots of education and training matters, including accreditation)
- Artistic Director of Megalo Access Arts (Screenprint and access arts)
- arts advocacy and part-time writer on the visual arts
- committees and boards of management of arts and not for profit companies
- somewhere back there I was a school teacher
- two years as a national serviceman in the army
- Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts); specialising in photography and print making (Screenprint)